Ozone Disinfection Systems
Ozone gas is produced by passing the oxygen gas (O2) in the air through a strong electric field and disintegrating its molecules, consequently inducing chemical reactions that produce O3 molecules in return. Dry air in the ambient, as well as oxygen-rich gases, can be used for producing ozone gas.
As oxidation capacity of ozone gas is extremely high, it can also be used for disinfecting water and eliminating organic/inorganic substances. Since ozone gas ultimately turns into oxygen and vanishes, it does not leave residues and the formation of any harmful by-products is minimal.
Some treatment applications where Ozonation Systems are used:
- Disinfection in Drinking Water Bottling Plants
- Disinfection in Drinking Water Treatment Plants
- Iron and Manganese Oxidation
- Organic Substance Removal
- Oxidation of Nitrite to Nitrate
- Color Removal from Wastewater
- Odor Removal